11.30.2005

This Week in Blah-ging

I can't seem to get myself together this week. Maybe it's the post-holiday comedown, or too much eggnog (or not enough eggnog), but it's been a total nonstarter, and here it is Wednesday already. My professor this morning said that getting people to read their assignments at the end of the semester is always the hardest time, and I can vouch for not wanting to do any work at all. It doesn't help that the weather since last week has been a nonstop gloomfest, with rain and humidity vying daily to see which can bring me down further. On top of that, I seem to be tired and enervated pretty much all the time. I need a turnaround and I need it now, because I have a paper due Monday (Thanks, surprise-extension fairy!) and a long list of things that need to get done pretty much now, and definitely by next thursday (aka Ceciliannukah). Everybody around me seems to be in the same kind of funk, too. And coffee is no longer cutting it, more's the pity.

At least there's Christmas music at work to keep me going. And holiday beers!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful (true, though hardly wintry)
dum-di-dum, delightful

No comments: