6.26.2006

dogs and cats, living together...

we had some epic rainfall in washington this weekend, practically biblical. as much as i love a good rainstorm (and who doesn't?) it was all a bit too much. especially when i woke up to discover that the subway tunnels had flooded on the orange/blue and green/yellow lines!

i mean, what the hell? this is a city built on a swamp, in the middle of a floodplain! shouldn't they be prepared for a little rain? i'm not a big fan of riding in the rain, mostly because my tires suck and i don't have fenders, so wet pavement equals wet accident waiting to happen. but when i discovered that the damn subway had flooded i figured i had to go for it.

big mistake. it turns out the bible allusion earlier was dead on because the situation on dc's roads this morning was straight out of the end of days. a few stoplights lose power and mass anarchy descends on the nation's capitol. i genuinely (sort of) feared for my life on the morning commute.

3 comments:

The Blonde Menace said...

People seriously forget how to drive the minute it starts to drizzle. It took me almost an hour to get home yesterday, whereas it usually only takes me 30 minutes.

The Blonde Menace said...

Oh and I never got to respond to the comment you left me in response to my post about being friends with exes.

I really appreciated what you said. Everyone gave me great advice, but the majority of it was kind of negative, not bad mind you, but negative in the sense that everyone sort of seemed to think pursuing something with the ex again would be a bad thing. I enjoyed reading your positive experience, and am very happy that you guys worked things out. I still don't really know what to do about it all, but I know that I care about him so much and therefore am basically leaning towards giving it another shot, and I just wanted to tell you that I really appreciated hearing about your experience. I guess it's good to know that sometimes things can work out against all odds...

pablo said...

human sacrifices, [blog title], MASS HYSTERIA!